Tooth sensitivity is a very common issue, but one that can be avoided or resolved fairly easily – as long as you know the signs and what causes them.
Holford Partners Curaden is a London-based dental practice whose reputation for high standards and personal attention to detail has seen them voted by The Parliamentary Review 2019 as the Best Practice and Dentistry Sector Leader. Here, they give us 5 of the main causes of sensitive teeth.
- Over-brushing – brushing our teeth too much or too hard can wear down the enamel and make them feel more sensitive.
- Bruxism – also known as grinding, bruxism erodes the outer enamel of the teeth, making them more sensitive to decay.
- Gum recession – gum recession is when the margin of the gum tissue surrounding the teeth wears away, or pulls back, exposing more of the tooth or the tooth’s root. This exposure can be painful.
- Enamel loss – though tooth enamel cannot be rebuilt, you can prevent its loss by practising good oral hygiene.
- Lesions – dental lesions often involve demineralisation of the tooth’s surface, making them more sensitive.
MORE ON HOLFORD PARTNERS CURADEN
Holford Partners Curaden is the longest established dental practice in London, and one of the most celebrated.
Founded in the 1860’s and continued by three generations of Holfords, their reputation for high standards and personal attention to detail has earned them recognition as the Best Dental Practice in the UK by The Parliamentary Review 2019 – an award signed off by the Prime Minister herself.
Holford Partners Curaden’s full range of innovative dentistry and dental care services include: Preventative Care, Dental Hygiene, General Dentistry, Oral Surgery, Periodontics, Endodontics, Dental Prosthetics and Orthodontics – a full service dental spot that caters to everyone’s needs.