Fads come and go, but your teeth are here for a lifetime. At least, that’s the goal!
Holford Partners Curaden is a London-based dental practice whose reputation for high standards and personal attention to detail has seen them voted by The Parliamentary Review 2019 as the Best Practice and Dentistry Sector Leader. Here, they share 5 dental fads that could ruin your teeth.
- Gems – sticking gems, stickers or even LED lights to the front of your teeth might seem like an ingenious way to bedazzle your mouth for that upcoming festival, but it’s a nightmare for your enamel!
- Lemon juice – some sources advocate using lemon juice to whiten your teeth… which is a terrible idea! Lemon juice is incredibly acidic.
- Tongue and lip piercings – mouth piercings cause regular knocks to your mouth that damage your teeth. They’re also the perfect breeding place for germs and bacteria.
- Grills – grills are decorative tooth covers, popularised by rappers and YouTubers alike. Wearing them can irritate the gums and harbour bacteria.
- Directly applied painkillers – painkillers that are applied directly to the teeth can damage them in the long-term due to chemical burns.
Find out more about our cosmetic services to brighten your smile and boost confidence.