Millions of people have gum disease (some say it could be as high as 9 in 10 people in the UK!) without even knowing it. This is a serious issue since, if left untreated or ignored, gum disease can lead to tooth loss among other problems.
Holford Partners Curaden is a London-based dental practice, with strong attention to detail and a focus on customer care. As the practice has been awarded “Best Dental Practice in the UK”, it’s safe to say they know a thing or two about oral health! Today, they talk about gum disease and 5 warning signs that you might have it.
- Pain – gum disease can cause red, swollen or tender gums or other pain in your mouth. A normal, healthy mouth both feels and looks great!
- Bleeding – bleeding while brushing, flossing, or eating hard food might occur with gum disease. Your dentist doesn’t probe your gums for fun – they’re checking for gum disease!
- Recession – gums that are receding or pulling away from the teeth, causing the teeth to look longer than before, may indicate a problem with your oral health.
- Loosening – loose or separating teeth can be another sign of advanced gum disease.
- Persistent bad breath – regular halitosis is a sign that there may be signs of decay and gum disease in your mouth. If you’ve noticed people making a face or turning away when you speak, you may have chronic bad breath!
Holford Partners Curaden have a team of fully qualified hygienists to help prevent and treat gum disease. For more severe cases they have a specialist, in-house periodontist who can assess and treat all gum disease conditions. Get in touch to find out more.
MORE ON HOLFORD PARTNERS CURADEN
Holford Partners Curaden is the longest established dental practice in London, and one of the most celebrated.
Founded in the 1860’s and continued by three generations of Holfords, their reputation for high standards and personal attention to detail has earned them recognition as the Best Dental Practice in the UK by The Parliamentary Review 2019 – an award signed off by the Prime Minister herself.
Holford Partners Curaden’s full range of innovative dentistry and dental care services include: Preventative Care, Dental Hygiene, General Dentistry, Oral Surgery, Periodontics, Endodontics, Dental Prosthetics and Orthodontics – a full service dental spot that caters to everyone’s needs.